It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: NRFL results and reports- Sat 28 Oct & Sun 29 Oct
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:04 pm 

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:56 am
Posts: 4
Saturday 28th October

BEADS 2 V 2 Guisborough United
Nunthorpe Athletic 2 V 9 Boro Rangers
Thornaby Dubliners 3 V 1 Redcar Town
Yarm & Eaglescliffe 1 V 0 Staithes Athletic

Great Ayton United Royals 1 V 1 Redcar Athletic Reserves
Middlesbrough & Teesside SA 0 V 7 New Marske Lakes United
Stokesley AR 2 V 3 Bedale

Itis Itis Rovers 1 V 2 Whitby Fishermens Society
Loftus Athletic 5 V 3 Heslerton

Trinity & AS 1 V 9 St Marys 1947
Marist Rovers 0 V 11 Stockton West End
Collegians 4 V 7 Redcar Newmarket
Shire Accies 1 V 2 Fishburn Park

Sunday 29th October

Coulby Newham 6 V 4 Northallerton Town
Hartlepool Youth 2 V 1 Richmond Town
Kader 8 V 1 Billingham Synthonia
Middleton Rangers 2 V 14 Boro Rangers
Redcar Newmarket 3 V 4 Hartlepool FC
Thornaby 0 V 1 Guisborough Town

Boro Rangers return to the top of the North Riding Football League Premier Division after a thumping victory at Nunthorpe Athletic, who remain in trouble at the wrong end.

Second-bottom Nunthorpe led 2-1 early on, thanks to Scott Webb's brace, but Rangers' firepower proved too much. Stuart Rose slammed in a hat-trick and Coy Blake added a brace. Further goals from Karl Barry, Phil Horsman, Steve Keenan and Matt McQueeney saw the scoreline reach 9-2.

Redcar Town suffered a second successive defeat, as Thornaby Dubliners were 3-1 victors at home to the promotion chasers. Anton Buchan's first-half brace saw the Dubliners go in two goals to the good, at the break. However, Chris Jackson quickly pulled one back, after the interval, only for Gary Mitchell to secure the win, with Thornaby's third, just after the hour.

The battle at the bottom saw Yarm & Eaglescliffe leapfrog visitors Staithes Athletic, after an understandably-hard-fought affair. It took 75 minutes for Jack Dalton to net the only goal of the game, pushing Yarm up to third bottom and dropping Athletic to the basement.

Meanwhile, honours were even in Middlesbrough where BEADS held Guisborough United 2-2. Dan Lofts was on target for the hosts, twice in seven minutes, at the start of the second half, only for Gary Maskell and Lewis Reeve to notch for United.

Into the First Division and Bedale were the big beneficiaries as Redcar Athletic Reserves and third-placed Great Ayton Royals fought to a 1-1 draw. Alex Anderson netted for leaders Athletic, with Calab White on target for the Royals.

Bedale, in second, were then able to close the gap, at the top, to five points, with three games in hand on Robbie McCarthy's men. However, it was far from easy despite Mikey Stevens putting them ahead inside 17 seconds. Ross Hodgson made it 2-0, from the penalty spot, five minutes into the second half, but within two minutes, hosts Stokesley Armstrong Richardson pulled one back, through a spot kick of their own, from Rob Molloy. Stevens netted again, on the hour, but the home side again fired back quickly, through Steve Drinkwater, but 3-2 it stayed.

New Marske Lakes United kept up their promotion chase with a one-sided victory at struggling Middlesbrough and Teesside Sports Academy. Kieran Stares struck from outside the box to start the scoring on the 12th minute. New Marske captain Robbie Farrier then netted a brace to make it 3-0 at the interval. On the 51st minute, United added to their tally when debutant James Fewster scored. Midway through the second period, Farrier got his hat-trick to cap off a neat move and the same player added his fourth and Lakes' sixth, with 15 minutes left. Ben Marshall made it seven with a late screamer.

Whitby Fishermens took the local bragging rights as they saw off Scarborough outfit Itis Itis Rovers. Jord Purvis and Karl Storr were on target in a 2-1 Scarborough Junior Cup victory.

Loftus Athletic progressed in the same competition with a 5-3 win over Beckett League Heslerton. Mark Harris, Callum Brundle, Shaun Muir, Jordan Rowe and substitute Ste Starsmore were all on target.

All North Riding Football League sides progressed in the Yorkshire Old Boys Shield. Fishburn Park won 2-1 at Shire Academicals, in Headingley. Jake Faichney nodded Andy Park's men ahead in the first half, only to be pegged back just before the break. Mark Waterfield won it for the Whitby team, in the second half, with a shot from the edge of the box.

Things were more comfortable for Stockton West End, who hammered Marist Rovers 11-0. Ben Turner blasted five, with Jake Large, John Leyshon, Jordan Waugh, Elliott May and Sean O'Brien's brace, making it a double-figure formality.

Redcar Newmarket and Collegians shared their eleven goals, more equally, but it was again the NRFL boys with the win, 7-4. Michael Dowse hit four, with Dan Puckrin, Andrew Tullock and Kenny Walker also on target.

St Marys 1947 made it a clean sweep for the NRFL's top tier teams with a 9-1 success at Trinity & AS. Lewis Kaid helped himself to a hat-trick, with Chris Peacock hitting two. There were further goals from Paul Vaughan, Ryan Mackey, Matthew Calvert and Ryan Todd.

Guisborough Town and Boro Rangers continue to slug it out at the top of the Under 19 division, with only goal difference separating them.

Rangers continue to trail but closed the gap dramatically with a 14-2 thumping off bottom club Middleton Rangers, while Guisborough just about saw off third-placed Thornaby 1-0, thanks to Owen Armstrong's goal.

Boro's double-figure haul featured five goals from free-scoring Isaac Walker, while James Field, Ollie Henderson, Joseph Jones and Adam Rymer added braces. Tom Bourne was also on target. Middleton replied through Dale Mangoye and Owen Hind.

Coulby Newham and Northallerton Town shared ten goals in a 6-4 thriller. Town took the lead midway through the first half and doubled it with around five mins left. Coulby came out fighting with sub Lee Riley grabbing an early brace and Alex Clark putting Coulby in front at 3-2, only for Town to hit straight back to level. A goal from Dylon Marshall put Coulby in charge once more only for Town to level with a penalty. 10 minutes from time, Riley grabbed his hat-trick and Clark his second to seal it for Coulby. Northallerton notched through Will Marriott, with two, Jack Stapely and Jake McNaughton.

Kader enjoyed a much more convincing victory, over Billingham Synthonia. The Middlesbrough side's Rob Clark netted four, with Michael Hoyland, Joe Taylor, Ellis Hoyland and Adam Campbell also hitting the target. Synners' consolation came from Callum Daniels.

Another high-scoring thriller saw Hartlepool FC beat Redcar Newmarket by the odd goal in seven. Will Moore, Leon Bellerby and Chris Payne found the net for Newmarket, only for John Stephenson's hat-trick and Adam Scott's goal to squeeze Pools over the line.

Across Hartlepool, Pools Youth also edged a closely-fought clash. Simeon Cromarty netted for visitors Richmond Town, but goals from Harrison Olive and man-of-the-match Kerrod Pounder won it for the hosts.

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group